NES Ratnam College Library
- Circulation Counter: From 9.00 AM to 6.30 PM (Counter is Closed on Saturdays)
- Reading Room Section : Monday to Saturday 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Library is closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- Total Books (Text and Reference) :28000
- Journals and Periodicals: 90
- Maps : 20
- CD's : 145
- Librarian : Mrs. Madhuri Navare
- Library Clerk : Mr. Hariprasad Ghanekar
- Library Attendant :
- Mrs. Nisha Bhalekar
- Mrs. Vijayalaxami Iyer
- Mrs. Vighneswari K.
- Mr. Kannuswamy P.
Significant Library Practices
Book Bank Scheme
One set of textbooks is provided to needy and deserving students,(who cannot afford to buy books) on loan. After completing the academic year and semester end exams, students are expected to return the books in the library.
This additional library card is given to students who secure 1st 2nd and 3rd ranks in the previous year's exam.
This membership is provided to the students after they complete their graduation. Students are charged Rs. 100/- per year and they are benefited with reading room facility.
Best User of the Library
Every month library announces “Best User”. Selection criterion for the same is as follows:
1. No. of books issued
2. No. of Reference Books referred
3. No. of library visits for general reading.
Orientation to 1st year students is done at the beginning of every academic year
Thematic Book Display / New Arrival Display
Thematic displays and new arrival displays of books and other collections in the library are held throughout the year.
General Instructions to all students:
- Deposit your belongings along with Identity card/Reader’s ticket at the counter of Reading room.
- Do not carry any of your personal textbooks/printed books inside the Reading Room.
- Maintain silence and discipline in the library.
- Do not change the order of books in the shelves. After referring the books, leave them on the nearest trolley or return them to library staff.
- Books/Journals can be borrowed from both the counters i.e. Reading Room Counter and Issue counter.
- Handle the books carefully and do not spoil them in any way while using.
- The Reference books are to be read in the library and should not be taken out of the library. (Photocopy facility is available in the library)
- Strict action will be taken against those found mishandling or damaging library resources.
- The Library Reading room furniture should be used in proper manner. Do not write or stick anything on them.
- Chairs need to be kept in order. At the time of leaving the library they should be put back in their places.
- Library is meant for reading and eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- Please switch off the lights and fans at the time of leaving the library and when not required.
- Library is under CCTV surveillance.